Thanks to our high-quality portfolio, a strong network and a professional and diverse range of further training opportunities, UENO GOURMET has developed into the leading importer for sake in Germany, Austria and Switzerland since it was founded in 2005. We are proud to count renowned sommeliers and chefs among our company's fans. This success is the result of more than 15 years of hard work and a strong vision: From the very beginning, our goal was to establish sake in fine dining as an equal accompaniment to champagne and wine. And of course to give private connoisseurs an introduction to the subject of sake.
For this reason, we don't just see ourselves as a pure import trade company - rather we are a small sake academy and thus a link between German and Japanese culture. It is therefore a special need for us to train not only newcomers, but above all the next generation of the industry. To further emphasize this aspect, we founded the Sake & Shochu Academy Europe.
We import sake, shochu and spices from Japan, observing the following principles:
- High-quality products with exquisite taste.
- Personally selected products, which we directly import from renowned manufacturers in Japan.
- Japanese Craftsmanship perfection and production according to traditional methods.
- Products made exclusively from Japanese ingredients.
- Aroma-preserving transport method (air freight or refrigerated sea containers).